If you purchased travel insurance prior to March 15, 2021, file your claim with Generali by contacting them at 800-541-3522
If you purchased travel insurance March 15, 2021 or later, file your claim with Red Sky by contacting them at 1-866-889-7409.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance
Whether you take one vacation a year, or travel internationally on a regular basis for your business, a good travel insurance plan will cover you for virtually every unexpected contingency. From travel delays due to bad weather or a missed connection, a lost piece of luggage, or a medical emergency in a foreign country, help is only a phone call away. TODAY Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, recommends purchasing travel insurance to protect your financial investment and your peace of mind. In a recently published article†, Greenberg lists nine reasons why he thinks travel insurance is a must-have accessory.
- In response to our tough economy, we’ve added a 10th reason: you lose your job but you’ve already paid for your trip or cruise and need your cash back.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
- Your flight has been cancelled.
Red Sky Insurance Coverage
Maximum Benefit Per Reservation
Maximum Benefit Per Person
Rental Cost | Trip Cancellation and Interruption (Maximum Limit $100,000)
$750 | Trip Delay ($200 maximum per day)
$1,000 | Baggage Delay
$1,250 | Baggage Loss
$25,000 | Medical Expense
$1,000 | Dental Expense
$525,000 | Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains
$25,000 | Collision Damage Waiver
Included | Roadside Assistance Services
Protect your vacation and get reimbursed for cancellation due to:
- An unnamed hurricane or other natural disaster.
- Uninhabitability of the destination vacation home caused by a natural disaster.
- Uninhabitability of your primary residence or your traveling companion’s primary residence caused by natural disaster.
- Sickness, injury or death of you, a family member, a traveling companion or a service animal.
Travel Insurance Information
Red Sky Insurance – Description of Coverage
Red Sky Insurance – File a Claim
REMINDER: Once a storm is forecasted or it becomes evident that a storm will impact travel to the vacation rental or surrounding area, the event is considered foreseeable. This means the insurance plan can no longer be purchased to cover losses that your guests might suffer from that specific storm.
† Source: By Peter Greenberg TODAY Travel Editor updated 7:32 a.m. PT, Tues., March. 27, 2007 Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company, depending on the insured’s state. Access America is a brand of World Access Service Corp., a company of Mondial Assistance. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17519580/